Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Tioga/Bradford Housing Authority. All applicants interested in one of the positions listed at the bottom of this page, within the Tioga/Bradford Housing Authority must successfully complete the Pennsylvania Civil Service Test. Please click on the civil service web site for testing and application details. Applications for Civil Service positions can be filled out and submitted on-line at PA State Civil Service Web Site.
How to Apply
Bradford Tioga Housing Authority
ATTN: Brooke Bailey- Human Resources
4 Riverside Plaza
Blossburg, PA 16912
FAX: 570-638-2156 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for a Civil Service Position
Indicate on the application that you are interested in a civil service position in Tioga or Bradford County. Upon successful completion of the Civil Service Test, you will receive your test score and rank within the counties and within the Commonwealth. When a position becomes available, the Tioga/Bradford Housing Authority will contact the Pennsylvania Civil Service Commission for a list of the rankings and scores of those who have completed the Civil Service Test. An availability survey will be sent to the highest-ranking individuals on the list, at that given time, to assess their interest in a particular position that has become available and/or to set up an interview for the position. The rankings will be used to repeat the process until the available position is filled.
Capital Improvements Manager
TIOGA & BRADFORD COUNTIES HOUSING AUTHORITY
Capital Improvements Manager
Six years of experience in the maintenance and repair or construction of buildings or facilities, including 3 years in a progressively responsible supervisory or administrative capacity. College or technical school study with major emphasis on mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering or the engineering or construction technologies may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required non-supervisory experience. Must have experience in Grant funding and procurement. Must be a resident of Pennsylvania. Must pass a pre-employment criminal history background check and drug screen.
This position is responsible for the supervision, development and implementation of the Housing Authority’s Capital Improvements Program. The Capital Improvements Manager oversees construction projects and facilities and grounds upgrades under the jurisdiction of the Housing Authority. The Capital Improvements Manager will supervise select maintenance staff to keep all systems working efficiently, prevent breakdowns and assure a clean and hazard-free environment.
This position is based in the Central Office in Blossburg, Pennsylvania. Moderate travel required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Operates with moderate independence under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Provides direct and indirect supervision of select maintenance personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Duties include, but are not limited to the following;
- Work cooperatively with Maintenance Foremen to develop and implement the Housing Authority’s Capital projects;
- Prioritize and direct the work of the Housing Authority’s Capital Improvements projects, being responsible for quality, schedule and cost control;
- Complete and submit all HUD required documents for Capital fund program, Energy & Performance report, Semi-Annual Labor Standards report, & Cap Fund certification;
- Perform the contract administration activities, plan and specification preparation and reviews, contract preparation and execution, contract change order approval, dispute resolution, acceptance and bond release approval, Davis bacon wage decision, Debarred list, etc.;
- Perform construction management activities which includes planning, preparing and communicating schedules and progress of project activities and expenditures, setting and evaluating progress on projects;
- Hire and supervise consultants; participate in, or manage selection and development of contracts with consulting firms; negotiate contracts with outside consultants;
- Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budge recommendations; submit justifications for staff, supplies, materials and equipment; monitor and control expenditures;
- Participate in the interviewing and selection of Maintenance staff; provide or coordinate staff training; coach employees on performance deficiencies;
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of maintenance staff;
- Oversee Maintenance inventories;
- Review Work Order system for accuracy and address errors;
- Review and approve inventory purchases over $500 procurement max;
- Perform quarterly inventory checks;
- Review AMP maintenance budget monthly;
- Supervise all agency fleet vehicle functions, including insurance and inspections;
- Review maintenance time sheets for accuracy;
- Ensure safety contingency plans are maintained by AMP Foremen;
- Oversee PHARE grants and project process;
- Oversee CDBG Housing Authority projects;
- Assist with Housing Authority service contracts, including fire systems, garbage, elevators, etc.;
- Assist all AMP’s with day-to-day maintenance by providing maintenance labor as needed;
- Manage online vendor accounts used for maintenance purposes;
- Assist with training of Section 8 Inspection process;
- Generate reports; compose letters; provide monthly management report to Executive Director;
Complete list of TBHRA Civil Service Positions
|Section 8 Coordinator||L0580|
|Assistance Property Manager||L0140|
|Director of Housing Management||L0255|
|Deputy Executive Director Housing||L0260|
|Executive Director Housing Authority||L0274|
|Accountant Housing Authority||L0320|
For a complete list of State Civil Service positions, visit the State Civil Service Commission website HERE.